Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday, April 17, 2015

Answer the following questions thoroughly on your blog.

1. What was your stop motion animation about? Why did you choose your video to be about this? Was it because it was easy, because it would be fun, or it would be challenging? Explain your reasoning behind your project (and be honest).

My stop motion animation was based off of a Henna tattoo that I got sometime in August in 2014 for my dad.  It was just a really cool design that showed something of my past, something that is apart of me and represents me.  I chose to draw the design because it was just something I like to draw and sketch in my free time.  The drawing itself is easier once you memorize it, but drawing it little by little, literally, was a little challenging.  Then my biggest challenge was keeping the camera stationary (which I know that I failed that portion of the project and I would have retaken my pictures if I would have had more free time to mess around with out of school, and I really wish that I could of retaken them or started over).  It was hard trying to keep the camera stationary because I didn't have the tripod in class, so I had to do my best without.  Then I didn't finish all the way in class and I usually don't get to physically get to come home to start homework until about 8:00 - 8:30 pm. So I'm finishing homework from other classes, then by then it's 12:00 - 1:00 am and I'm having to take pictures trying my best to keep the camera stationary and then knowing that I couldn't do anything about the lighting because I was in two different places bot with completely different lighting. It was actually more on the frustrating and stressful side rather than the fun side and now from that experience, I probably won't make another one in my free time for fun.  

2. If you could rate your stop motion on a 1-10 scale. 1 being low effort and no very good and 10 being out of this world/mind blowing, how would you rate your project? Explain why.
In hindsight, what would you do differently the second time around? Better lighting? Time management? Explain yourself.

I would probably give my project a six or a seven.  I know that I made mistakes along the way with it being my first time trying to make a stop motion animation, but I wouldn't pull an all nighter just to redo something that I didn't enjoy making in the first place.  I really love to watch them and I think that they're cool and all, but I don't enjoy making them myself. I know that I made mistakes with the lighting and having the camera stationary.  Next time around I would probably just scratch the whole Henna tattoo design and just do something more fun and less personal like the human skate board or making a food.  If I were to keep this design, I would say that I need to do all of my pictures in one location, use a tripod, and just in general, keep everything more consistent.  

3. Explain what makes your stop motion animation unique. How do you believe you thought "outside of the box" on this project? 

I wold say that my stop motion animation is pretty unique.  I took the Henna design that I got and added to it with more details so it's an original design that most likely no one else would ever have or use.  I wouldn't say that I "thought outside the box", it's just that my dad is always on my mind so it was one of the first things that popped into my head and I wanted something that I could do at school and use my class time wisely for since I knew that I wouldn't have the time to do it at home.  If I would have had more free time at home, I probably would have chosen something else to do like something to do with lacrosse. 

4. What grade do you feel you deserve on this project? Explain your reasoning.

I know that I don't deserve a hundred because of the lighting and stationary mistakes that I made, but I also don't think that I deserve a horrible grade because I still worked hard on it, and just not being able to do it all in one location (at school) and not having a tripod to use (the tools that I needed to do the project properly), it turned out worse than I would have liked it to and by then there was nothing that I could really do about it which killed me inside because I'm always striving and wanting to achieve to the highest that I possibly can, make it better than I possibly thought I could make it, but I didn't do that this time and it's driving me crazy and I sort of feel guilty about it, but it's too late to fix it now.  I mean I want a good grade on this, but because of my mistakes, I probably don't deserve the best grade on this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment